Saturday, December 13, 2008

on track

Well, "on track" depends on your definition. Aiden was back on track on Wednesday while we played all day again and he learned the sign for cat. So, he was back at school on Thursday, until the warning call came in from school around 11am. Aiden is "on warning" because it was very...i'll spare you the details. I waited it out because they said that he felt fine and was happily making a cotton ball snowman. I hoped there wouldn't be a second strike, because my time was not my own this week. But this kid always does that in twos lately... so about an hour later I was in the car on my way to get him. Poor J had already rescheduled meetings from earlier in the week with his frantic students that want to meet with him for their final papers of the semester. So given the 24 hour rule at school, Aiden was happily playing with Daddy all day on Friday. They came in for the holiday party at my work, and made it through most of the party until J started with the daycare bug and needed to get home. Oh, we just keep veering off track ever so slightly. I think we'll be back on track again soon, but we are very lucky that we can easily steer the course.


The holiday party was full of balloons which Aiden was super excited to run around with and throw in anyone's face as he attempted to hold it and give people high fives at the same time. He also insisted on having a fistful of crayons (which he understands aren't for eating now) from the kid's craft corner. I was again in charge of the photo station where we had our little remote printer setup to make buttons and cards. A highlight was talking to one of the significant others about her job at Hasbro. She had all the news about the new toys coming out (secrets!) and there is one in particular that she said she might be able to get for us early (What rhymes with Clipo that I would get excited about!?). I've heard good things about the clipo, clipo, clipo other than their little jingle.

No comments: