Sunday, January 31, 2010

post a day

Phew, at least one post a day for an entire month. I chose to make this a routine and it worked. It was something I didn't think was possible during this busy time of year full of meetings, classes, and iced over cars. It's the little things that make me feel like I can do it... just do it... do it now.

There have been so many times in my life when there is that distinct "there-is-a-change-a-coming" feeling in the air. I know some of the potential change that has been in the works forever... but most of the drastic change seems to happen over night. I'm betting that this time next year I won't have the same expectations or priorities. I do know that my number one priority will always be my family and I'm so happy to have that constant in my life.

As I have reached the half way point in my TWO RISD night classes during this winter term, I am energized, yet exhausted. I can hardly fall asleep when I get home at 10pm after absorbing a full day of work and three hours of class. There is an EXAM in one of the classes - uh. yaaaa, so I didn't see that coming...it involves memorizing hundreds of photographs! It is possible that the memorization part of my brain shut down after my Master's degree comp exams? I've already started studying during car rides when Aiden is napping. I don't really reach into the realm of work on here, but let's just say they've been getting their money's worth out of me the past few weeks.

I've had a stuffed up head which is always cured with a good giggle hug with Aiden. Those hugs just clear the sinuses - better than a neti pot ;) Oh, and my sweet husband called around at 7pm to find a place that had cinnamon buns and then ran out to get me some. He even had them grill them for me! Grilled buttery cinnamon buns make headaches go away... try it, it works.

That's my mommy update for the new year - still trying to get over that it is 2010 -"the tens" and that my kid is taller than a yard stick.

And my sweeeet husband brought these home for me to brighten up the week - a little bit of sunshine inside:

1 comment:

coviatt said...

This first tulip photo would work out well to do the rotation collection photo collages I was telling you about that sold so well at the craft fair. You could even use two different views.Mommu