Wednesday, April 14, 2010

old friends

Old and new friends helped us gather and enjoy some sunny days last week.

We had our last mini egg hunt of the season at our house last week when some old friends stopped by to visit. Their little ones have doubled in size since we last saw them, which didn't seem that long ago. It was so nice to catch up a bit.

I also wanted to share some action shots from Stella's party - I'm so glad to have stills, but sometimes videos really do give you more of that really-being-there-yourself feeling. When will they have smellovision?!

Stella's 4th! from LB on Vimeo.

We also had the perfect distraction from the current hubaloo stressy things in our life (including poor grandpa's recovery, tuberculosis tests, and our mystery bath tub leak continuing) with the engagement shoot we never had. It's never too late, eh? I was a fan of this local photographer on facebook and she posted looking for couples for a free shoot.

She emailed with me that she thought of it as a great "romantic date night" idea. J said it turned out to be a lot more fun than expected (and a bit more nerve wrecking than I expected). I actually bought new jeans and shoes for it, which was actually kinda fun since I haven't shopped for myself in sooo long. We ended up shooting with the photographer for so long that we ran out of babysitter time, so Aiden crashed the rest of our date night and came out to dinner with us. It was fun to enjoy some steak, stuffed shrimp, baked flounder, and chicken pomodoro with both my boys!

I was excited to see how the photographer worked and get a vibe for her shooting style. We haven't seen the full set yet, but looking at this one is a good way to de-stress - I want to go back and freeze this moment in time:

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love this photo!

Sarah said...

so cute! I want to see them all when you get them!

Anna said...

What a fun idea! Love the pic you are looking like a hot mama!

Allison said...

what a gorgeous couple you two make!!!!!!!