Wednesday, April 21, 2010

whoosh

Whoosh, and time flies away and it's the END of April! whoosh. We were off in Aiden's latest version of Grandparent Heaven in Philadelphia. My dad and I were photographing the beautiful wedding of an old friend (a coworker from the summer J and I met). We cruised through the traffic H-E-double hockey sticks from here to Philly... but this cruising was the low and slow kind that Ramone from Cars likes to talk about. We arrived at dinner time on Friday night and it turns out the easter bunny had left treats for Aiden in Ohio. He stayed up way past bed time!

The next morning we found this awesome airplane museum that we all got to visit before my dad and I headed off to the wedding. My mom, J, and Aiden went the Please Touch Museum, which is Philly's children's museum. It's a popular place and from what I heard Aiden really seemed to like it. Everyone was snug as a bug by the time my dad and I got back with my big throbbing ankle. Yep, klutzy camera lady took two tumbles (one where the camera joined in the the tumble, but made out better than I did). The first was off a tiny little step and the second was a bump into the DJ table by an enthusiastic couple doing the Pennsylvania Polka. The twists resulted in torn ligaments on both sides of my foot, a big air jordan inflatable boot, a shiny new pair of crutches, and an uncertain healing timeline. Ug. But in good news I came home with a boatload of wedding photos which I loooove to play with. Can't. Stop. Looking. At. Them. Here are some airplane museum shots:





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great time, except for the tumbles! I hope your foot feels better soon!