Sunday, August 29, 2010

welcome home daddy

A huge big welcome home DADDY who cruised in to town around 10:30pm Saturday night after a 38 hour Saturday! We missed him so much. I especially missed him when I wanted a snuggle, when I wanted to gush about my new pesto, when bed time wasn't going smoothly, when I was stuck in the house for four rainy days with a bouncy boy, when Aiden said funny things I wanted him to hear, when I was scooping the cat litter, when I needed a no-time-limit shower, when my feet were screaming for a rub, when I wanted someone to celebrate and smile with...when...when...when. There were so many whens.

Aiden found the perfect welcome home present - A parrot hat! He said that daddy might miss the parrots in Australia so he'll pretend to be one ;)

Aiden helped finger paint on these welcome home letters under the shady tree on our first beautiful sunny day in the whole week.  Daddy spoiled us with tons of surprises.  Aiden's new favorite armful of animals: kangaroo, platypus, and koala.   He was excited to see the Australian coins and the boomerang (which Aiden reminds me is not for throwing).  There was a batch of cute tshirts, and awesome bag for mom, and even a cool magnet for Aiden to add to his art zone on the fridge.  We are so glad to have daddy back home!  Especially because I can smell the second birthday cake he's baking for me right now ;)

No comments: