We have big and little Brennan BROTHERS! That's right, another bundle of boy is on the way! J noticed the flash between the knees before the tech even stopped waving her wand. She measured a little, and then settled in with a clear shot between the legs. Aiden had already declared he thought it was a brother earlier and the tech said "It looks like Big Brother is definitely right!" I am beyond ecstatic, and so happy we had a perfect healthy baby looking back at us.
Aiden watched intently and then asked what his name was. We asked him what he thought we should name his brother and he immediately replied with Scary! Scary Brennan it is. For the past few he's been stuck on Baby Ellen... and when I'd ask what about if it is a boy (which is what he thought it was) he would say, "Alsooo, baby Elllen!" as if it was the silliest question. It would be nice if Ellen wasn't considered a gender specific name. J's given me naming rights (while he reserves complete veto power) which means there may not be a name for the baby by the time we leave the hospital (only kidding, sorta). "Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero." Marc Brown...the author of Author books, the famous aardvark. I think Aiden really does think that being a big brother is right up there with being a super hero. When the doctor said she bets he will be a good brother, he replied that he is going to help the baby learn to stand. I'm betting that he's going to teach him even more... add in some shakes and scoots for dancing!
We waited to tell our families until we arrived in Ohio with our chocolate dipped oreos with blue frosting injected in them. So they bit into the treat to find either blue or pink (thank goodness I didn't have to cringe at pink!). Aiden was very excited about this every time a new person showed up. It was pretty fun for Aiden to give everyone their cookie, so I'm glad that we had perfect timing with the sonogram right before the holiday (they only had to wait a tiny bit past when we found out). Thanks for humoring us and being patient ;)
9 comments:
Rock on! Aiden will be the best older brother. Thanks for the oreo pop-such a fun idea!
Oh so exciting! I hope aiden will teach the new baby his dance moves;)
YAY! I bet your new son will be as wonderful as your 1st! PS - love love love the oreo idea!
Yay for Brennan brothers!! We're so excited!!9
Boys are awesome (as you know)! Congratulations to you, and J and Aiden.
i love jumping bean aiden yelling "it's BLUE! it's a BOY!!!" every time! hilarious!
Thanks! We should rename things around here the Brennan Brothers ;)
Awesome! We find out in December..and I was going to color the inside of a cake pink or blue...great minds must think alike :) I keep telling Deo if we have a boy, we literally have to buy 'nothing but diapers' which will be so nice! Now the next question begins...names??? lol
I hear ya Sarah! We are so glad we saved everything! The shopping for a girl would've been nutty (especially for someone that is not at all into pink and girly). Can't wait to hear your fun news ;)
I was so surprised that I couldn't find any bakeries where you could order cakes or candies with colored frostings. So I made my own - I think there is a market out there ;)
Post a Comment