Sunday, February 12, 2012

mousey musical

This year Aiden's school upped the ante on their winter musical and hosted it at a huge church with room for the whole school on one stage.  I volunteered to be one of the photographers so I had insider access to the dress rehearsal, which was a treat for this crazy mom that waited for Aiden's wimpy little concerts for almost two hours last year.  This was a full scale musical with songs for each primary class to perform along with an ensemble of mice from the elementary classes.  It was an adapted version of the mouse book by Leo Lionni called Frederick.

Aiden told me that "his favorite of all favorite parts" was eating snacks before the show.  I caught this shot of the chain back from the potty where he is clearly having fun.
 Daddy breaking rules with a high five as the animals walk in during the show - Too bad Aiden's mask blocked his view and he couldn't see where he was going much less that his Dad reaching out a high five.  Notice how KC is mesmerized by the mousey ensemble in front of him. Sorry for the horrible shot - I lost my light mid shot, but you get the idea (the event was a photog nightmare - high ceilings, no flash range, tons of movement, lighting changing every thirty seconds)
 Full "mousey in the snow hands" while his girl friend strikes a model pose next to him ;)
 And the first in a series called: Aiden's singing sounds like howling
 Laughing and singing at the same time clearly wooing the girl behind him with her hands over her ears.
 Give a big cheese for your admirers!
Alright, mom this waiting is getting boring and I no longer think it is cool that you are taking photos up here.
 His girl friends were both down for the count and clinging to the teacher... The photo on the right shows him scratching his arm pit which it seems was a trend - lotsa itchy kids up there ;)
His whole class singing about using your imagination to visit DINOSAURS!
 All the kids walked in with masks - Aiden was super excited by the cat mask he made - check it out Cat!
 I have hundreds more shots from the event - but here is one of my favorites during a rendition of Food Glorious Food!

2 comments:

Robyn (aka Food Girl) said...

I can totally see what Aiden will look like as a teenager in this one picture of him looking a bit bored!

LB said...

I agree - 4 going on 14 in that photo!