Monday, September 22, 2014

tidbits

Whoosh, where do the days go?!  I can't believe it's been four weeks since school started!  This past week was busy with friends coming over, a welcome back social (with treats!), a community wide garage sale, back to school night, and the start of Keaton's Spanish class... I've also had double the photos to edit and was bitten by the knitting bug again... 
For the sale, there were 36 houses in the neighborhood participating.  We did ok selling some bulky stuff. It was really fun for the boys!  Turns out Aiden is quite the salesman, and as a kid would approach he'd say things like, "Hey you look like you'd like trucks!? How about this?"  It was like he'd attended used car salesman training.

Keaton seems to like his new Spanish class where they use complete immersion not using any English.  They use lotsa songs which is what he really likes.  He learned about words for clothing.
Aiden's Back to School Night was a treat. The teacher's "discipline" program includes discussing the Core Virtues: respect, compassion, perseverance, honesty, responsibility, generosity, self discipline. I can't think of a better way to motivate kids to do the right thing than explaining the core reason why.  The kids had made paper versions of themselves and we were supposed to try to match them with our kid's about me pennants.  Talk about a challenge!  I guess the kids love to see how we get them mixed up ;)

No comments: