Sunday, August 19, 2007

good doc

After a busy week at work, I topped off the week with a birthday visit to the doctor. It was the best visit yet. Nothing really significant occurred, but I really felt like I got to know my doctor better and she acknowledged/asked about things we talked about last time that we hadn't understood each other on last time. It may have been my sugar rush from the glucose or maybe she was just on track (she wasn't running late and their weren't any emergency appts of very pregnant women waiting in the next room), but regardless of why, we laughed it up and I really got to know her better (Turns out she has three kids 9, 7, and 4 years and "too much" first hand experience with all the different quirky parts of pregnancy). I was glad for a good appt. The glucose solution was recently updated from this horrid orange syrup crap that people kept telling me about. You have to drink about double of this new stuff which tastes like strong ginger ale or vernors, which wasn't terrible. It was hard for me to get it all down in less than three minutes and I won't get into the burping (the whole reason I hate fizzy crap), but I'm really hoping that I don't have to do the extended test. My folks are visiting this week (pseudo-birthday-housewarming-shower party went off really well yesterday here thanks to all my mom and aunt's help), so we'll tour around town with an active baby...(more on snapshots blog later)

No comments: