Tuesday, August 14, 2007

showered

Baby Shower: "A baby shower is a party in which expectant parents receive gifts for their expected or born child. By convention, a baby shower is intended to help parents get items that they need for their baby, such as baby clothes."
I'd like to add to wikipedia by saying that it is "an opportunity to celebrate the upcoming addition to the family and make the parents-to-be feel connected to their support network by bringing together family and friends that share in the expected parents enthusiasm"...
The varied guests created a nice mini reunion, both for me and for some of the guests. We had fun playing a dice get to know you game, baby item Price is Right, and one of my mom's classic quizzes. Aiden was showered with the cutest clothes (I think I will have to change his clothes three times a day to possibly get use out of all of them), a cushy hippo chair, learning books to start his collection, all sort of little loveys, and many must haves like a high chair, bobby, bumbo, etc etc. I brought back two huge suit cases filled for J to reopen the gifts when I got home and my folks are bringing more when they visit this weekend. Huge, heartfelt thanks to my mom, sister, aunts, and cousins for everything they did to help make the shower fun for everyone and everyone else for their generosity. Photo review:




Can't pick a favorite outfit, but this giraffe getup comes close
Bestest friends
Bestest cousins
The male contingency hanging out on the deck

No comments: