With the new year and J's trip to Arizona, we had Aiden's two month appointment today just a few days late. Our big boy is now 12 lbs. 10 ozs. and 23.5 inches right in the 75% percentile. Lucky for him he has nice padded chubby thighs for the three big 2 month shots, one on one side and two on the other. He wasn't sure what was going on when they laid him down and asked me to stand in front of him and hold his hands. The nurses came up from both sides, and he quickly looked back and forth at them with his wide eyes. Then all of a sudden they gave him the shots all at the same time. I've never seen his little face get so red, but he didn't let out the scream that you'd expect. He cried, but after I scooped him up he calmed right down like a little champ. He's been pretty sleepy and fussy wussy in between, but I think the baby tylenol will keep him happy.
Before the shots, we brought up with the doctor that it's been over a week since this baby went on a bottle strike. The back story is that J's been giving a night bottle of expressed milk since Aiden was 3 weeks old without any trouble and right after the New Year he stopped taking it without crying and fussing. The doctor says it must be that he's just developed "a preference" for me and if he gets hungry enough he will take the bottle. Uh ok, not a solution! I will be going back to work soon where bottles will be a necessity during the day and almost as important for that night time feeding J's been giving him to give me a block of sleep. We've tried different types of bottle nipples. My sister tried the bottle and was just as unsuccessful as J is. We are out of tricks, and I'm tired just thinking about it. I'm sure it will sort itself out, but now I'm really wishing and hoping he starts sleeping through the night.
In good news, we've had extra arms for cuddling since the 3rd. J left for a short four day trip to a conference and my sister and her fiance came into town that same day. Aiden loves his Auntie Liz and her cuddling is top-notch A++! She's a natural. I don't know what I would've done without her offering to snuggle and get me water while I nurse. We're very thankful that they are here for a number of reasons - some of which will remain a surprise! My folks are coming in this Thursday and we can't wait to see them too.
2 comments:
Hey..a surprise? I hope that it's not that you are going to leave us at the airport until Thursday, because we are arriving on Wednesday morning. Can't wait to see you all, but especially I can't wait to get my Aiden cuddles.
Love, Mommu
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.
Post a Comment