Thursday, January 17, 2008

meeting miss lynn

Yesterday we arranged to touch base with Miss Lynn, Aiden's care mommy starting Jan 28th. We are really lucky (and extremely grateful) to have my folks here to take him for my first week back so we can figure out his schedule better and get him used to taking the bottle at least three times a day. He hasn't needed his night bottle and will sleep at least three or four hours at the beginning of the night, then he's back to 2-3 hours for the rest of the night. My fingers are crossed that he'll be ok with the bottle. Lynn had most of her kids napping and her two youngest ones eating when we arrived. Aiden was sleepy from the car when he squirmed out of his car seat to meet Lynn. He cuddled on my shoulder and woke up all wide eyed. He looked around and seemed sleepy. He fussed when Lynn was holding him, but he seemed to warm up a little bit. We talked a bit about what to expect and what we should bring for him, etc. Overall, I think Miss Lynn will be really easy going and I hope that rubs off on Aiden. I was glad that my folks got to meet Miss Lynn and she could get their stamp of approval too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you found someone great to watch little Aiden. Just remember, I am not a cryer usually, and I totally broke down...in daycare...the week before I actually left Ben there. They said "mommy tears" are totally normal and can be expected. =) Good luck headed back to work. I'll be thinking of you.