I feel like I'm going to have to rename this blog, Our Family Health Update. I was feeling somewhat back on track this week and Aiden seemed to be avoiding any flu bug. J had an icky cold, but he stayed healthy enough to head out of town for a conference this weekend. Luckily, my folks cruised into town just in time to keep me company. Today was a big snow day around here - They even closed the mall! I couldn't shake a morning headache, but Aiden was in giggle cuddle mode which can brighten anyone's day. He was just finishing up eating and I sat him up as he giggled at me. Then I realized that he had a pool of blood coming out of his ear! My voice was shaky, but my mom helped me keep my cool as we called the doctor. They wanted us to get him checked out, which meant we were off on a big adventure through the snow. The doc said he has an ear infection in that ear but it didn't look perforated or ruptured (although it could be that it was just a tiny pop). It's still strange to me that he hasn't appeared or acted sick at all, but I guess it's best that it's all taken care of with antibiotics without him feeling miserable. We are all ready to be completely healthy again.
Flash forward through his first dose of fruity white stuff antibiotics and ear drops last night. Then this morning another dose without any trouble. He even let us drips the ear drops and he would hold still on his side for a minute afterward. Then over an hour later, he vomits, then again, then again all spaced with just enough time for three new outfits and a few giggles. He has honestly not appeared sick and continues to giggle at me when I am on the phone with the doctor. I'm betting he has an allergy and we will need to venture out in the icy snow to get a replacement. Oh, the adventures...
1 comment:
white and fruity - sounds like augmentin? auntie liz is allergic to that!
Post a Comment