Sunday, October 18, 2009

lost in the shuffle

I just realized that I had a bunch of posts that I'd never published! Here is a dated rundown of the incomplete posts, so that they aren't stuck in draft mode forever - I also published some in their original spot (which you google reader folks, etc may see?):
10/31/07 - places my water has not broken
Here are some scenarios and places my water has not broken:
- At the Ruby Tuesday's Garden Fresh bar while scooping up some cottage cheese
- Fighting a bit with the embroidery machine making some surprises
- Sneezing while trying to open the window in 50 degree weather because baby brewing sure is steamy
11/1/07 - postpartum party plans
Hot dogs, cold cuts, brie cheese, and wine will be the top menu selections. All three I've avoided based on mixed advice that these are "bad" for your developing fetus. For whatever reason anytime I saw someone eating a hot dog at the baseball game or getting a sample of soft cheese at the farmer's market, I craved that food.

11/20/07 - quotable quotes
Should I change him? No, I love him just the way he is...

3/11/08 - wish I knew
1. It would be nice to have a mobile that doesn't need to be wound up and doesn't power save after only a few minutes.
2. Miracle swaddler blanket. Aiden never really liked being swaddled, but it may have made it easier if we'd had one of these to hold his little arms against him wrapped in a blanket. He's such a little hot box I'm pretty sure this fabric would've worked well too.
3. Car seat strap covers - This prevents the straps from getting tangled and it's padded against the baby so when it slips it doesn't look like its cutting into his chubby neck.
4. The recline on the swing is very important, otherwise the baby will slump over too much.
5. More than three buttons shouldn't be allowed on baby clothes. The best outfits are those that snap and zip, don't need to go over the head, and have easy access for diaper changes. In the winter it also helps to have feet and longish sleeves that can be pulled over the little paws. I know it seems obvious but I didn't not realize how complicated the baby dressing can get.
6. Keep water bottles wherever you plan to nurse. Cups are easy to knock over.
7. Some prenatal/lactation vitamins are harsher on your stomach than others. The first batch I had was rough, but the next batch advertised being light on the stomach and they really were.
8. Always bring the caps to all the bottles you plan to use with your pump. Keep the pump parts refrigerated if you can't do anything but wipe them down (they even sell special wipes to wipe them down).

3/25/08 - sleeping through
American Academy of Pediatrics defines "sleeping through the night" as a five hour stretch of sleep. If so, Aiden's got that covered.

3/27/08 - i love you from
For weeks I've been chatting with Aiden
I love you from
your eyes to your thighs
your chin to your shin
your ear to your rear
your lips to your hips
your nose to your toes
Dad made up a new one: I love you from your thumb to your bum.

5/4/08 - drink
Aiden has grabbed the bottle out of his dad's hands, but we've reached a new milestone in the last couple weeks. Aiden is fascinated and fixated at trying to get Dad's soda can (which isn't baby friendly at all with it's sharp edges because somehow he knows to try to stick his tongue at it). He grabs and even grunts with pinchy hands reaching out every time dad takes a sip.

2/20/09 - addicted to hand me downs
Yep, I will take hand-me-downs from anyone and be excited about them. I think used kids clothes are the smartest thing. I am especially excited when they actually still have tags on them... and this was especially true with the itty bitty kiddie stuff that in those tired blurs in the first few months the new parents didn't even know that they were there... hidden in the closet waiting to become the best hand-me-downs around.

No comments: