Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Lauren! (Guest post by J)

Happy birthday, sweetie!

It's been thirty-fun years coming.  You've now got one year under your belt for every Breyer's flavor of ice cream.  (I toyed with the idea of buying you one of each for fun...)  I wonder what flavor this past year was. Rocky road, due to all the big life changes?  Maple nut, because you were sweet and a touch crazy?  Maybe chocolate, because that's our favorite.

Sorry to miss your birthday.  This is the farthest we've ever been apart.  Google says it would take 56 days and 26,500 km to get back by kayak. I haven't seen any kayak shops here in Canberra, so I'll guess I'll go by airplane instead.  (Digging through the earth seems out, too.)

We'll have a second birthday party when I return.  I promise to make you a yummy peanut butter cake, and this year I'll be sure to grease the pan.

I hope you have a blast with Bonk, Aiden, and your parents.  I'll post more later.

Love,
J!

1 comment:

LB said...

Aw, Thanks Sweets! What a surprise! You announce that I'm in labor and say happy birthday from many time zones away - seems like a good use of the blog ;) We miss you mucho! Aiden is still sleeping in on my birthday or he's buried under his huge stack on animal friends and can't get out.