Wednesday, August 18, 2010

thirty fun

This first year of my thirties was full of different flavors.  J's ice cream flavor question would have to be some flavor with a strong taste.  Everything, including good and bad, I tasted intensely both sweet and sour.  Looking back despite the occasional unpleasant after taste, I'd rather have a strong flavor than no flavor at all. (J's chuckling since he kids that I think ketchup is spicy - not true)
Celebrating thirty fun was no different.  I was lucky enough that a best friend from college was in town to celebrate.  They treated me to a day in Newport while Aiden caught up on lotsa rest napping and hanging out with my folks.  We had lobsta, including lobster mac and cheese (not pictured - Thanks BnB!).  We made it to three Newport Mansions I hadn't seen for a while.  Then it was back to my place for some Harvey Wallbanger cake my mom made in the my old Witzy the duck pan (thanks Mom!).  A relaxing day full of some of my favorite tastes.
Thanks mom and dad for spoiling me AND Aiden this past week - I truly appreciate all the help!

Here is a birthday good list:
Mom surprising me by sneaking around at Vinny's to buy this cutie:
Thanks R for the delicious popcorn specially delivered - I would recommend that Kettle Korn to anyone! So, so good.
Thanks J for feeding my pesto frenzy with another special delivery.
Flowers from friends that spoiled me on my birthday (Thanks!):
Thanks to everyone that sent good wishes for a great birthday and an even better year ahead!

1 comment:

Robyn (aka Food Girl) said...

What a fabulous birthday! Looks like you had lots of tasty treats to share with Aiden too :)