Assuming the best… I’ve started in on reading all the prego blogs… some are crazy, others quirky, but most have this strange level of anxiety ridden people on them that creates a weird tension for me. Do I continue to read these reminding myself that there will be some alarmist crazies? Will I always be rational enough to do this with raging hormones in my body for the next 9 months? I think that there are good suggestions along with the bad, so I think I will peruse casually. Maybe J can remind me to remain rational.
There are a lot of messages online about pregnancy issues… miscarriage stories and other assorted scary things. I think I’m upset the most by the stories where these mother’s seem to blame themselves or think they must have done something wrong. There may be a bad circumstance, but it is usually not something they did. It is just something outside of their control, and I refuse to believe there is a God that punishes people, so that doesn’t fly either. I am preparing for the best and the worst, but always ALWAYS assuming the best.
Therefore, we're not really going to wait long to tell people. People that we care about deserve to know new things we care about. We're visiting the doctor next Wednesday, and we can’t wait to have more to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment