Saturday, March 31, 2007

a bowl of green

I've made a promise that I plan to keep. I've vowed to eat one bowl of something green at least every other day for this entire pregnancy. I've qualified this goal many times, but I think every other day will be more realistic. I will get another colored veggie (and plenty of fruit) on the other days, since I can handle carrots, corn, potatoes in my normal diet. I just started and I don't know if this was a good idea. After taking heaping spoonfuls of peas sprinkled with old bay, I was trying to talk through it. Ignoring the wretched little centers that squirt out all over my mouth, I couldn't help but dry heave about half way through in the middle of a sentence. J felt so sorry for me, he actually got a dab of his disgust food, peanut butter, and swiped it across his tongue and let it stick there while I continued to heave peas into my mouth. He didn't wipe it off, he actually swallowed it. I was motivated to finish off the whole bowl, which felt like 100 spoonfuls. I need good recipes, because force feeding myself raw peas isn't going to cut it. I can imagine that when I'm telling my kid about my pregnancy I won't have stories of 13 hours in labor or stretch marks, but instead raw luke warm peas exploding in my mouth.

Since we are on the subject of food and I'm very conscious that everything I eat is crossing by my little pips non-existent mouth, I have a message for Burger King:

Dear Burger King Food Testers/Creators:

Please stop enhancing your already delectable breakfast menu. I've always (especially since high school senior privilege runs) had a weakness for an egg and cheese croissandwich. I'm convinced you lace the cheese with something, and the piping hot tasteless egg doesn't even seem to matter when surrounded by the buttery croissant goodness. So now that I'm pregnant and only want to eat things enhanced with nutrients, you've put cheesy tator tots on your menu. Then to top it all off you have honey butter on your hamwich. Please stop sending me brochures in the mail that tempt me. If you extend your breakfast hours past 10:30 I will go crazy. I'd like to request that you move the hours to 4:30 to 8:30am. Thanks for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Mom-to-be and Baby

Case-in-point that Burger King needs to be regulated:

My favorite minus the meat:

No comments: