Sunday, March 25, 2007

mood foods

The Today Show this morning is highlighting what you should eat to maintain your mood... "Finding comfort in food, eating up the right foods...can swallow up stress." Happy foods = fish, potatoes, yogurt, popcorn or anything crunchy. Stress buster foods = healthy fats - peanut butter! lean meat, avocados. Energy lift food = water, eggs, soy, fiber, caffeine

My new mantra is to not eat or put anything on my body that I wouldn't put directly into/onto my baby. My diet is usually pretty decent without a whole lot of overprocessed stuff, but I'm not a veggie fan. I get plenty of calcium. I feel lucky that I don't need to worry about giving up caffeine, etc. I'm not sure what to think about the possibility that eating peanut butter may cause a peanut allergy in your kid. There is pretty big controversy around this, so I think I will avoid cheap processed peanuts. I will cut back, but it would be miserable for this peanut butter lover to give it up completely. We'll see what the doctor says...

No comments: