Today was our first doctor's appointment. I was sweating because I was excited. The nice midwife I'd met with last time for my pap wasn't available, so I was scheduled with a doctor. This grandfatherly OB was straight out of some sort of boring Lifetime channel movie. He was a very nice man, but he's the type that explains the unexplainable by saying that it must just be stress related. Uh, that's not my favorite explanation, but oh well. The doctors all sorta share the practice along with midwives so I think we can make it work.
Before fully introducing himself, he walked in and shook our hands, looked down at my chart and said (and I quote), "So, you're 27 years old, but you look like you just started junior high." Uh ok, hahah, I get it, that's supposed to be flattering?! He did the quickest examination I've ever had, which was fine by me (especially since I just had my whole ick test about a month ago). He then invited us to his office to check in about what tests we should expect and a bit on "problem-solving," which was an explanation of when to call the doctor if you have issues. I felt like I was watching the guy on a video as he talked. He actually pulled out a little plastic wheel to chart out our due date, which he put down as November 20th! He expects that we will know more during the first ultrasound on April 10th. He said with the dryest possible tone, "At that time you will see a little stick with a beating heart, so it will be exciting." Well, with that teaser, now I'm really looking forward to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment