Friday, May 4, 2007

doctor deal

Our doctor's appt went very well. After searching around a bit, she was able to get a booming, clear heart beat. It made me smile and the doctor smiled back. I had decided I liked her. Then she sat back down to tell us that she was leaving obstetrics and only practicing gyno after July, so she can't be our doctor! She asked if we planned to go back to the original doctor (aka. old lifetime movie man) and we weren't sure what to say. I went ahead and made our next appt in 4 weeks with another doctor that came highly recommended, but I haven't been able to get an appt with because she's so popular. I asked about laying on your back and it turns out there is a vessel that brings blood out of the uterus and from your legs back to your heart that gets blocked by just light pressure. When you are on your back the pressure comes from the big uterus laying on it. She also gave me the most reassuring message about how the baby really is in the safe zone.

No comments: