Saturday, May 26, 2007
half way point?
The counters, tickers, and calendars don't quite match up on anything when it comes to my pregnancy stats. They can all give me an accurate picture of how many days I have left, but never how many days there are/should be total. I think I'm something like half way through (isn't 4 and a half months half of 9 months? but it's actually 10 isn't it?), although I know some stupid calendar will pop up to say that three weeks from now and I will be disappointed that I thought that I had made it past the half way point... and past a looong time ago. Time moves in weird fits and spurts lately. I think it has to do with water retention affecting how big my belly looks and the weather. I won't go into the belly, but pants will fit one day that I couldn't get sinched up enough the last day. As for the weather, this time last week it was 45 degrees and raining, and I kid you not, it was 93 degrees today (although I have to tune in to the 11 o'clock news to confirm that - I'll be lucky if I make it past 10 with the crazy days I've been having and there are two more days in this grad/reunion week extravaganza). The last time it hit the 90s was Aug 3rd, according to the really excited weather guy standing on Narragansett Beach. That just so happens to be the first insane week that we spent here in RI on our air mattress in our 3rd floor sweat box. That week the temps were higher here than in AZ! Aah, the sticky memories. I can't wait to move to lower ground when we move into our new house on Tuesday (movers come Wed)!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i think you should go by number of days or by the number of weeks. 20 weeks or about 140 days to go will be the half way point don't you think?
40 weeks x 7 days per week = 280 days
280 days / ~30 days per month = 9.33 months
but the first ~2 weeks that they use in that count your aren't actually pregnant.
you've got a little bit to go to your half way mark - more time to get ready!
hope your weekend isn't too crazy!
Post a Comment