Sunday, May 6, 2007

expectations

I know it's still very early, but with a friend here in RI that just got back from the hospital with her new family of four, and a friend at work and friends far away expecting any day now, I can't help but think of the logistics of the babies' actual birthday. The best hospital in the area just broke ground on a whole new area that won't be complete until 2008. This is the place that we plan to use because we've heard it's by far the best in the area. Although I had a dream that during my labor there is a jack hammer in the next room and I can't hear what my doctor is trying to say. uh crazy i know. To alleviate my worry I jumped on their website right when I woke up this morning. I ended up taking their virtual tour, and it looks really nice. From the inner walking corridor to the whirlpool you can use for up to 45 minutes (sans partner only) I was pretty impressed. They highlighted that their construction and the road construction around their area, and my anxiety of even getting to the hospital was provoked. J and I are going to have to test drive our route ahead of time when the time gets closer. No babies in the back seat of a car for me!

No comments: