Tuesday, May 1, 2007
excellent
Everything is "excellent" according to this new ultrasound technician that was very thorough at explaining everything to us today. He said there wasn't a chance of seeing anything related to the sex of the baby until 18 weeks or so (even though I heard you can sorta tell now it's just only about 90% accurate). He put the goopy stuff on my tummy and for some strange reason I was immediately compelled to stick my hand in it. Good thing for the big paper rag they drape over you to smear it off. Pip was sleeping with his little arm over his/her face when we first saw him/her today. Then when s/he woke up s/he was waving it around and you could actually see the hand and the little elbow. There is a noticable nose bone and almost no fluid along the spine so downs syndrome seems very unlikely. All in all this visit everything we learned was very positive. The printouts don't do justice to what you can actually see on the screen. I wish I could animate the little heart beat that looks like a poof of pixels back and forth. You can click on the image to see it enlarged.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment