Thursday, May 24, 2007
what are you having?
I'm sure there are other pregnant ladies that will agree - The number one question I get is "what are you having?" I always am in the process of thinking in my head, "A baby," while they go on to say either "you don't want to find out, do you?" or "when do you get to find out?" Both are strange assumptions to me. Why should I really care what gender my baby will be? If it's so I know what clothes to buy, it makes sense, but it still seems like a strange question to be asked repeatedly, all of the time. I'm honestly not exaggerating. No one's asking me what color hair my baby will have or whether it will be tall or short. I get that I can't know this stuff ahead of time, but what if we could - does it really matter? I guess names are picked by gender so that's somewhat important, but that is why I like non-gender specific names (although they are hard to come by in names we both like). I guess waiting to find out the gender promotes some sort of special surprise. But isn't it a surprise now versus later? I know that J wants to find out the gender for sure, and I would never be able to not know if he knows (I'd last less than 20 minutes or the car ride back to my office). I do think it would be fun to make it a surprise that I can tell everyone else in person somehow... but people are scattered all over the country/world. Hmm, maybe we can do a pregnancy announcement in the mail like I've been reading about online or maybe I can announce it at my shower. It does give us something to look forward to for now, but most importantly I look forward to a happy, healthy baby. There is so much more to look forward to already!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment