The next preggo moment was waiting in line for the 3D motion experience which didn't come with much explanation. We weren't even sure exactly what it was, but there was a quick line. The line lady approached us and awkwardly asked me if I had seen the precautions associated with this ride as she glanced down at my belly, not saying anything definitive about whether I was pregnant until I said it. I said oh well, but she had a solution that I could still enjoy the ride but I'd have to sit in the out of order chair for fear that I would fall out of my seat. Now at this point J was excited to go on this ride, and I was curious but really hoping that out of order really meant no movement (oh no the crazy again - see sting ray story on the other lb blog). J's plan was that I would tap him if I was moving and he would rescue me off the chair (which is a lot less dangerous than just slipping off of it, riiight). As the ride started everyone started jerking and vibrating and I wasn't even sure if I was moving or not. I was still humored to watch the 3D action and hear the room of screaming people react. Very strange addition to an aquarium. It was nice to visit a new place. I can't wait to see little Aiden's reactions to the beluga - maybe even next summer?! Does a 7-8 month old care about penguins and big fish?
Saturday, July 7, 2007
do your trick again
Good eats and a visit to the Mystic aquarium filled our day today. Visiting the penguins (which was a close second to the beluga whales) was a highlight. They were sorta huddled just out of my view over this large tank. I had my belly pressed against the glass wall and suddenly a penguin cruised over to us and was all about head butting the glass in front of my belly. I was frantically taking his photo and the nice penguin watch women slowly said, "oh you must have, down there, a..." I turned towards her thinking for sure that she was going to say a baby belly, but instead she says, "oh, yea I thought so, the penguins love the folds and ruffles on your shirt" I laughed and told J I thought for sure that the penguin must have known that I was pregnant - to which J laughed at me saying of course the penguin is trained in obstetrics. Then he asked if I could "do my trick again" to get the penguin to come over and be our friend. Penguins hanging out avoiding us:
My penguin close encounter trick (that's my ruffle belly through the glass in white):

The next preggo moment was waiting in line for the 3D motion experience which didn't come with much explanation. We weren't even sure exactly what it was, but there was a quick line. The line lady approached us and awkwardly asked me if I had seen the precautions associated with this ride as she glanced down at my belly, not saying anything definitive about whether I was pregnant until I said it. I said oh well, but she had a solution that I could still enjoy the ride but I'd have to sit in the out of order chair for fear that I would fall out of my seat. Now at this point J was excited to go on this ride, and I was curious but really hoping that out of order really meant no movement (oh no the crazy again - see sting ray story on the other lb blog). J's plan was that I would tap him if I was moving and he would rescue me off the chair (which is a lot less dangerous than just slipping off of it, riiight). As the ride started everyone started jerking and vibrating and I wasn't even sure if I was moving or not. I was still humored to watch the 3D action and hear the room of screaming people react. Very strange addition to an aquarium. It was nice to visit a new place. I can't wait to see little Aiden's reactions to the beluga - maybe even next summer?! Does a 7-8 month old care about penguins and big fish?
The next preggo moment was waiting in line for the 3D motion experience which didn't come with much explanation. We weren't even sure exactly what it was, but there was a quick line. The line lady approached us and awkwardly asked me if I had seen the precautions associated with this ride as she glanced down at my belly, not saying anything definitive about whether I was pregnant until I said it. I said oh well, but she had a solution that I could still enjoy the ride but I'd have to sit in the out of order chair for fear that I would fall out of my seat. Now at this point J was excited to go on this ride, and I was curious but really hoping that out of order really meant no movement (oh no the crazy again - see sting ray story on the other lb blog). J's plan was that I would tap him if I was moving and he would rescue me off the chair (which is a lot less dangerous than just slipping off of it, riiight). As the ride started everyone started jerking and vibrating and I wasn't even sure if I was moving or not. I was still humored to watch the 3D action and hear the room of screaming people react. Very strange addition to an aquarium. It was nice to visit a new place. I can't wait to see little Aiden's reactions to the beluga - maybe even next summer?! Does a 7-8 month old care about penguins and big fish?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment