Monday, July 2, 2007

Knocked Up


J and I went to see the hilarious, seemingly unrealistic, yet realistically acted, Knocked Up movie this weekend. They delivered one liner type comments without the scene cutting out, but with awkward silence and real life responses. I’d had friends tell me not to see it until after the baby was here and others said I would love it. I was honestly not too worried by the bits and pieces they show. The gratuitous glimpses (I think three total) of her actually crowning where nothing compared to the alien feeling I was having a few weeks ago. Now that I’m passed that alien feeling and all the movement, emotions and leaking seems normal now, I’m feeling really good about being pregnant. I think in a delirious moment I even told J that I’d like to be pregnant over and over again like those crazy people with 15 children. I know I can live off a lot less sleep than my rock solid over 8 hour sleeps of the past. Bottom line is I know I can do it. Another serious lesson learned from this not so serious movie: Don't set too many expectations for the actual birth because it will just go however it goes - just gotta do whatever is safe.

No comments: