Sunday, November 11, 2007

coming home

We were ready to come home. The hospital stay was breezy, but any longer and we would've been really stir crazy. I literally did not walk out of the room for over 50 hours. We were really ready by the time the construction on the room across from us started at 7am on Monday morning - They were cutting tiles! The room service good food could not outweigh the screeching. We had a gigantic wagon full of stuff and my mom had already taken a batch for us the night before. Dad took trips down to the car as I signed all of the discharge paperwork and got Aiden dressed. He liked wearing pants for the first time. He was also excited that his mom liked to wear pants too. The nurse gave us our discharge ticket, which we exchanged for Aiden's "I'm a superstar" sticker after they checked him out in his car seat.

I waddled after J carrying Aiden in the car seat suddenly realizing how sore I was. The bumpy car ride home was not something to look forward to, but the minute that Aiden's cheeks started to wiggle I was smitten and distracted. He slept all the way home. I called my folks to let them know we were on our way, and as we turned on to our street I saw them waiting in our hippo welcome garden. (Hippos my sister had created to help my mom celebrate her retirement now had a new job to hip-hippo-hurray to welcome Aiden home) Tears were brimming up and I was so happy my parents were there to welcome us. Aiden woke up enough to give Grammy and PopPop a little gas bubble smile to say hey thanks for making my mom and dad so happy. Then we introduced him to the cat who still thinks he is some sort of remote control device and looks to me like I must be making that move. Aiden may have been lulled to sleep by the car ride, but Mommy knew it was time to eat. He had his first meal at home and I suddenly realized how nice remote control beds are.

There are so many more tidbits and memories we've made, but it is somehow difficult to give the full picture. This week has exceeded my expectations. Aiden is exceeding the doctor's expectations - He doubled his pooping goal twice this week! - Oh, the excitement. I can hardly keep up with all the memories we've made in one short week.

No comments: