Tuesday, November 20, 2007
worthy expectations
I've always wanted to be a mom. I had high expectations. Seriously high. These past two weeks have exceeded my expectations in every possible way. I love him more than I expected. Aiden is worth every stitch, every heavy eyelid, every bit of uncomfortable I've experienced in the past few weeks. I did not expect that when I came home from the hospital my body would still be completely out of wack. Thanks to peri bottles, sitz baths, and witch hazel I'm getting back to normal. I still have an outie belly button, but the baby fort has almost deflated completely. For the first few days, I thought that Aiden was keeping his vacation home in tact in case he wanted to go back in to take a break from all the cuddling. It was either that or the doctor hadn't delivered his twin yet. There is a lot you don't hear about when it comes to "the after labor", but it's worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you made Auntie Liz cry! too cute!
From a person who has not yet experienced child birth, umm peri bottles you mean perrier water bottles, sitz baths, umm like the roman baths, witch hazel...don't even know where to go. One day you will have to fill us clueless folks in:)
Ooh, Lauren I always knew you'd be a wonderful Mom! It sounds like life with Aiden is definitely agreeing withyou :)
Post a Comment