Oooh, here are some snippets in between my somewhat unimpressive contractions today. I don't know what I was expecting, but I'm ready for these stripped membranes to kick it up a notch. Guess it's not that simple. When he's ready, he's ready. My friend and her adorable 5 month old came over for lunch today. I thought for sure once I started making plans to hang out with people, I'd go into labor, but it hasn't worked twice now. She brought me some soup, cake (spoiled again!) and the industrial electric breast pump I plan to use. I plan to nurse as much as possible and pump to store up extra milk. She helped me get it all hooked up with my personalized attachments and figure out how to use it. It didn't seem like that much suction against my hand, but I figured it must work. After she left I decided to give it a little test drive. Literally 10 seconds after it started suctioning I started collecting! Uh, weird, done with that for now - I stopped right away because I need to save that stuff for Aiden ;) Let's hope it's that simple to get him nursing. Somehow I'm guessing that's not that simple...
I can't remember what brought this up... but some where along the way during our doctor's appt today, she commented that her job is simple. She said that she could train for her most of her job through a correspondence course. It's the high risk and trouble cases that required her to get all the medical school training. Glad to hear that it's that simple.
No comments:
Post a Comment