Monday, May 31, 2010

beachy

I hope you all enjoyed a long weekend!  I did not have a long weekend because I had four major work events in three days, but instead we packed in the fun today and I will enjoy a short week at work.  I refuse to whine about my work when I know there are soldiers whose work is much, much worse than anything I have to endure...and I'm grateful.  Taking over 1,000 photos while hobbling from one event to the next on one working ankle isn't a blast, but I "made it work" and the ankle is still on track to getting better...

Today we packed in the fun with a trip to do all the things that Aiden gets to do with Rebecca nearly every week, that I always feel like I miss out on... We cruised to see the Toe Jam Puppet Band at the Buttonwood Zoo first.  Aiden knew the routine, how to open the doors with the assistance buttons, how to put his hand up to be stamped, and how to move and groove with "the funny guys" in the band.  It was so much fun to watch him interact, sometimes follow right along and sometimes jump in the middle of the bubble line to scratch at some dirt.  The funniest moment was when the funny guy hovered over him pretending to explode and Aiden squirmed and giggled.  It was a nice day at the zoo, and they even had an egg salad sandwich special ;)  Aiden said he was glad they had "some egg for some salad that you will like."  We also had a chance to ride the zoo choo choo and wave at all the animals.

Then we cruised down the road to Horseneck Beach where Aiden and Tyler really know how to have a good time digging and jumping waves.  I had a random Hannah Montana bag (personal foot sauna) over my boot and I hobbled along the boardwalk and into the sand a few yards.  I was just excited to relax in the sand.  The beach was packed mostly with teenagers and while Aiden and J went down to the waves some of them got into a big fight...which included a bloody kid and a huge crazy crowd hollering...so much for my relaxation time.  (Note: New beach next time or go in the middle of the week) I was just glad that Aiden and J missed the commotion.  When they came back I had created a fortress of sand castles around me that Aiden immediately stomped.  Our friendly neighbor had fun making a hole with Aiden and he buried his legs a couple times.  On their third trip down to the water Aiden decided to just jump in the icey cold water, and he came back up begging to go back to the waves.  He wasn't sad to be all wet (including his hat!) but just sad that it was time to go home ;)

We headed back home and Aiden got in a little snooze.  Then we headed off to get some homemade ice cream at the Sunshine Creamery.  It think it was the best peanut butter chocolate ice cream I've ever had!  Aiden shared with both of us and declared that mommy's was his favorite.  Then he ran it off at the playground - where he climbed up the crazy ladders I didn't know he could and got nice and tuckered out.  Here are some iphone photos:





Just Beachy from LB on Vimeo.

No comments: