Saturday, May 1, 2010

may day

What a nice way to spend a May Day - even though we didn't have a pole with ribbons or big poofy dresses, it did feel like the good old fashioned kinda day.  I started the day with a little mini photo shoot for a little girl to celebrate her first communion.  I'm so happy to capture photos that will linger in family histories since they are associated with big life events.

I wish I was in VA to take photos of and cuddle our new nephew, Trevor Patrick!  He was welcomed by J's twin brother and his family today around 5pm - May 1st is a fun birth date!  Congrats M, J, and K - Welcome T!  What a proud big sister:

This morning I participated in a community gift sale to benefit the Friends of the Library.   I made a grand total of $11.50 off the hundreds of crepe paper flowers I've made - ha pretty sad! - especially since I paid a $25 table fee (which I consider a donation to the library), but I made some new friends ;)  They all said that it was sooo slow because the weather was gorgeous.  I even tried lowering my prices half way through, but you can't sell things to non-existent people I suppose ;)

I couldn't resist this adorable sweater set made by this very sweet crafty neighbor of mine.  She said that it made her day to see one of her sweaters in action, and it made my day to see how excited Aiden was for a lion sweater.  He was so excited that despite it being a pretty toasty day he refused to take it off and even took a nap in it.  Let's hope he doesn't growth spurt too much and he can wear it next winter.  Nothing like buying a sweater set on May Day ;)


Then an old friend cruised down from Boston to visit us and she brought along a picnic!  We literally hung out outside playing and gabbing for over 3 hours.  It's just refreshing to talk with someone you know really well.  It makes me wish we lived closer ;)  Thanks A!

Look how well these jeans hide my bum foot ;)  I'm doing better and can pretty much get around with one crutch now.  yay!  Hope you had a nice refreshing May Day!

No comments: