I have a feeling that Mother's Day isn't something Aiden completely understands, but he sure does get that he will get an extra snuggle if he randomly runs to me and says Happy Mud-thers Day! He was such a sweetie and wanted to wish me mother's day as soon as possible at 1:05am. He trotted right into our room and had his little nose against mine when I woke up for my third official mother's day. Lucky for me, he took daddy's hand and went right back to bed.
He bopped out of bed a little after I woke up naturally around 6:30 or so. He pattered through the hall and asked if it was time to go downstairs, which he always asks in the most adorable voice. We had some fun playing and sharing leftover peanut butter explosion pancakes from our breakfast yesterday. We were glad to beat the crowds and sneak in a brunch yesterday, so I got to enjoy the treat breakfast two days in a row. Then as I did some stitching and organizing in my craft closet, J and Aiden made me a surprise! It's a shadow box where Aiden picked out the photo, and helped stick down the stickers. I think they did a pretty awesome job.
Choo Choo I Love You....
Then over nap time I discovered this Ovation British reality series called Picture This, which follows photographers competing for a book deal and gallery showing. What an unexpected treat delivered by the satellite tv ;) J had a great idea to take us all to see the new Babies movie that just came out. I'm so happy that he was interested in seeing it too. I've been following it on Facebook for a while and was really looking forward to it. Aiden really did a great job until the last ten minutes or so when he got kinda squirmy, but he lasted the whole movie. A great mother's day treat:
After the movie we took an unexpected trip to the little carnival set up in the parking lot. I'm not usually a huge fan of these questionable safety setups, but if you saw how excited Aiden gets you'd understand why I get sucked in... He gets giddy chugging around in circles. I found it really funny that he picked the back of the golden bus as his choice spot on the empty vehicles ride.
Then we came home for some baked fish for dinner and an evening of cookies and crafts! I'll have to share the crafts once I get the photos loaded, but it was creative mama heaven with all the supplies collected by Daddy and Aiden.
Aiden made this coloring page (even the face on the sun was his idea - love the squiggle right eyeball)!


No comments:
Post a Comment