Sunday, June 6, 2010

anniversary




Our sixth anniversary was spent as a family.  J and I had celebrated with a date night the night before with dinner and a movie (surprisingly J was curious about Sex in the City 2 - so we ended up laughing until we couldn't breathe at Liza Minelli singing that put a ring on it song - after some big strong drinks and a pu pu platter).

We were tickled when we told Aiden it was our anniversary and he said, "That's right, you work at Brown niversary"  He thinks university and anniversary are the same tricky word.

We started the day at another local school carnival.  While Aiden danced and did the limbo (which he does by sticking his chin to his chest and trying to copy the other kids - it was hilarious) in the gym, while I watched from the cake walk line.  I was convinced we'd win a cake for our anniversary, but no dice.  Aiden and I did have fun walking around the number tiles to the music.

We relaxed back at home over nap time, then I snuck in some shopping.  Then even though rain was expected we cruised down to Bristol for dinner.  It ended up being a beautiful clear night. We sat at this cool new restaurant named Agave right on the water, next to the bike path.  It was right down the road from where J and I met.  We took a quick trip down to the campus to see the Mt Hope bridge (where we snuck some of our first smooches).  It's nice to live right near where we met because it gives us a good excuse to reminisce.

We capped off the rest of the weekend with a trip to the Touch a Truck at the YMCA this morning.  Aiden set off a siren on the ambulance and caused quite a raucous.  We made it out just as the rain started.  We then cruised to our favorite Trader Joes and the pet shop next door to see the puppies.

Then in the best news yet, my foot is doing so much better that I drove for the first time in seven weeks today!  I was actually walking on a treadmill last Friday in therapy - with both feet!  My strength is catching up with my range of motion and I should be back on track completely very soon!

All these photos were taken on our trusty iphone - even the bottom photo of me looking constipated flipping the camera booth countdown on myself.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Happy anniversary! And yeah for your foot feeling better:)