Saturday, June 12, 2010

mini trip

We had such a nice mini trip to Cape Cod with my friend Stephanie from Tucson.  Aiden remembered Stephanie and her doggies and is always happy to have guests (more people to watch him be a goofball).  She came to town to have fun in Providence and then we cruised to the Cape. Before we left for the Cape, Stephanie and I squeezed in some antiquing (where she found this fabulous necklace that I think the SexintheCity fashion designer would swipe from her if she could - and it was also perfect for the Cape) and lotsa yummy eating at the Grist Mill, Kabob and Curry, and Pastiche.

We stayed overnight in Port Harwich and got a chance to explore Chatham and Brewster.  Our first bit of fun was a visit to the very well hidden Cape Cod Lavender Farm.   You drive down a little dirt road to get to it, and I think we all doubted that we were actually headed the right direction.  We did get there and have the lavendar lemon lip balm and shower gel to prove it... Yum, loved bringing some of that delicious smell home.

I'll tell more of our fun once I can get some photos edited, but in the meantime, here is some video footage from my flip (which only worked occasionally I think because of low battery but I hope because it's dying to be replaced with an iphone 4!?)


Cape Cod from LB on Vimeo.

No comments: