Monday, June 28, 2010

walk with dinos

We stomped over to the Dunkin Donuts Center in downtown Providence for the Walk with Dinosaurs Arena Spectacular on Sunday.  It was a daddy day present for J.  Aiden was giddy with excitement before the show as we prowled through the convention center to the arena.  We were there so early we had to wait at the gate to get in with the other early birds.  The kids became instant friends and entertained each other pretending to be dinosaurs.

Just by chance as we came out of the restroom, I saw my friend and her son that we hung out with Saturday... then by chance again we ran into them amongst the hundreds of people leaving the arena.  It was a nice surprise and Aiden was happy to share his dino hat.  We got sorta suckered into buying that hat because there were people sitting near us with them and Aiden is actually old enough now to ask for stuff...fabulous.  It started ripping right after Aiden started try to chomp with it, but oh well... he had fun with it.
When the show started Aiden was so excited, I literally started crying I was so touched at how happy he was...crazy I know (admittedly I cried at Toy Story 3 too).  He kept asking what the next dinosaur would be and was pumped to see his favorite Brachiosaurus and T-Rex.  I have a bunch of snippets of him singing songs about the "friendly dinosaur puppets" that give each other "potties for training" and other unique thoughts from Aiden beforehand and during intermission. 
The production is very well done and educational (originally put together by the BBC in the late 90s).  It's not too scary even for little kids.  It belongs on the good list. 

Here are a few snippets strung together by the Flipshare:

Walk with Dinos from LB on Vimeo.

No comments: