Wednesday, June 30, 2010

mime show

We cruised over to the library on Monday night for their summer kick off program.  It was tricky to explain to Aiden was a mime was before we got there, so we told him it was sorta like a clown.  He asked if it would be funny and I said yep (while I hoped that I was right).  It was funny mostly because of all the little kids laughing and giggling throughout the show.  The mime guy was a bit of a character - It made the show even more amusing because he was being so controlling of the little kids, which I thought was an act at first, but soon discovered he took himself very seriously.

Aiden was innn-tooo-itttt.  He pretended right along with the mime and giggled on and on.  He was desperate to be called up to perform with the mime (in his first attempt he invited himself up on stage with a big group of kids but was quickly ushered off because he was "too little")  He eventually got his chance to follow through the seasons with the mime and a stage full of kids.  He was by far the youngest kid there, but he kept right up with it and looooved the whole hour long show.

The top photo is him attempting to do criss cross applesauce with his legs while still standing on the stage - because the mime was insisting that he "go sit back down and do criss cross applesauce." 

Here is turning from a seed into a big tree:

No comments: