We headed down to our first beach visit right near the Chatham light. The water was blue and cooold, but that didn't prevent Aiden from wanting to jump in after the seals we spotted. The closest popped up about 100 yards from the shoreline and Aiden was definitely able to spot them looking around and diving back under.
Left: A good photo of the fabulous necklace Stephanie found antiquing, which was perfect for the Cape and for Aiden to count the loops as a good distraction.
The lobster mac and cheese with béchamel that Aiden and I shared at the Impudent Oyster right off the main drag in Chatham. Delicious and chock full of lobster pieces! Aiden was happy to report the he "tried something new" a couple times when munching on the lobster chunks and asparagus from daddy's dish ;) Daddy had some blackened cajun halibut with gazpacho shrimp sauce on top of a potato and scallion cake.
We ate very well the entire time Stephanie visited. The next morning when Aiden and I went on an early morning mommy/son date for breakfast, we picked up a well known Bonatt's Meltaway in Harwich Port Center. Think buttery airy cake with a sweet sauce drizzled all over it... yum. Aiden kept asking me what it was so he could remember it and ask for it later ;)
On the way out of town, we also stopped for ice cream at the Sundae School and it topped to other chocolate peanut butter ice cream favorite I had a couple weeks ago. Poor Aiden was already napping in the car and missed the ice cream, but asked for it right as he woke up. I think he was satisfied with his treat from the Boston Baked Beans canister we got him at the Chatham Candy Manor earlier. I also got a 1/4 pound of Inside out Reese fudge (more peanut butter than chocolate!) and shared some Fluffenutter fudge with Stephanie.












3 comments:
Yummy, doesn't the candy manor have the best fudge eva!
It DOES! It was so fresh and delicious. I couldn't get over all the flavors they had too. I remembered Chatham from when we used to go there in the summer with my family ;)
LOVE that photo of A & J at the beach! the one of you and aiden and your friend is really sweet too!
Post a Comment