Monday, June 21, 2010

beavertail

Happy First Day of Summer!

This weekend we got to see the sunset again... and J commented as we drove home over the bridge that we should get out at dusk more often.  I agree.   It was the last weekend of spring, but the sky definitely looked like a summer sky to me.

We headed to Jamestown, RI to Beavertail Park to picnic and play on the rocks with some friends of ours this past weekend.  I can't believe that I hadn't been there before.  It was a feast for my camera!  I felt like a truly normal person walking around on the rocks - ya ligaments DO heal!

Aiden had fun playing with his buddies and especially with his Daddy.  While I was distracted getting some family photos for my friend, they climbed around on many rocky areas - some of which J specifically said would've made me nervous... then I tuned him out after he said something about jumping over "chasms" with Aiden in his arms... um.

My friend's daughter is about 3 and half years older and just finished kindergarten (right around the perfect age according to my mom).  She was so sweet when Aiden came running up and asked to hold her hand.  It was just too darn sweet.  The boys had the most fun just playing in the dirt...in the perfect spot for a photo - thanks boys!

No comments: