We attend many free library shows, and as a result, have seen many magicians. Some of these magicians have been fantastic and amazing. Others were more like the Great Bald.ini.
We saw the Great Bald.ini last night for his "One World, Many Stories" show, the third stop on his 40-library tour in Rhode Island. Given Bald.ini's performance and given how corrupt Rhode Island is, I have to assume he got the contract because he's somebody's cousin.
Yeah, I know, it's a free show. But not all free shows are created equal. Let's look this gift horse in the mouth.
If someone told you that you have to put on a magic show for 100 kids an hour from now, you'd probably be able to come up with something about as good as Bald.ini came up with. Okay, you think, here's a map. Oh, I know, I'll tell a story about our friend Skinny the Skeleton traveling the world. Maybe I'll tell the kids that there are only three countries in Scandinavia (who needs Finland, anyways?). Maybe I'll stick an extra plastic thumb on my hand so I can count to six with one hand. Maybe I'll do a bunch of magic tricks in which it will be obvious to anyone over ten exactly how to do them.
Cynicism aside, most of the kids were under ten, and had a great time. So, Great Bald.ini, you really are a magician. Despite being only about one-tenth the magician Matt Roberts is (look him up; he's really good), you gave the kids about a good time. Abracadabra!
Editor (aka Lauren) addition: the period in Bal.dini in order to avoid his cousins finding this post with their search engines ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment