Good 'ol Mary Wash welcomed us all back on a bright sunny Saturday... It's only been ten years since I walked down campus walk with some of my all time favorite people to receive my diploma. This time I was walking with a new batch of favorite people, namely J, Aiden, and Keaton, and it seemed like so much had changed in ten years. There were buildings being renovated, awful trailer huts with pillars (nice touch!) blocking Westmoreland quad, and spaces that seem bigger than you remember. I was beginning to doubt that going to a reunion two months postpartum feeling kinda chubby and tired was sorta an iffy idea, but my low key friends (love them!) were true to form and it was a nice easy going afternoon. I was glad that they made it fun for the whole family... no stuffy cocktail parties for my crowd.
Aiden jumped out of the car to check out "Mommy's college!" He was already sold that my college town was awesome because it housed the biggest hotel indoor pool, which he'd already enjoyed. As we approached the quad they were inflating the bouncy house, slide, and the train was charging up. He turned to me with a spring in his step and screamed "Mommy, your college has a train!?" They also had the cutest "upside down dog" bouncy house. Aiden was very happy with the snow cone machine where he tried nearly every flavor. He loves his new UMW "eagle hat" (still MWC in my mind, but I guess University status is a good thing).
Keaton was an angel in his Moby for nearly the entire time we cruised around campus. He was just getting situated comfortably napping against my chest, when I shimmied down to the very swanky renovated Underground (which used to be dingy, dark and dirty) to get my name tag. The nice young volunteer student initially started scanning the Class of 1996 for my nametag - um no, 2001 please! My reverse pregnancy look probably threw her off - right?! Or I just may look like I'm 36ish to a college chick, oh well...aren't reunions meant to make you feel old anyway... I like to think of it as well seasoned.
Here's Aiden's chump face for anyone that calls his mom old:





4 comments:
Yes, I forgot to mention what a mess that part of F'burg had become since they started renovations! Hopefully it'll look much better once they're done! I'm glad you had a great time! :-D
Ya, the new complex has apartments with granite countertops! crazy!
Lauren, you look really beautiful in this photo. You always, always look pretty, but this one goes beyond.
Thanks! That's sweet of you to say!
Post a Comment