Saturday, July 2, 2011

3 months

Dear KC,

I hesitated with how to address your letter since I seem to use Keaton when anyone asks you your name and KC when I talk to you (or Bobo when you are fussing - not sure where it came from but it seems to calm you when I say, It's ok Bobobobobo...).  I've seen your supposedly rare name pop up more frequently than I expected, but as long as a Keaton doesn't show up in your future class.  The only other tricky thing is when I say your name in a noisy room people think I'm calling you Keith.

We've packed in tons of fun in these quick first few weeks of summer.  You go with the flow and will nap on the run pretty consistently.  You know we are having some sort of fun if you have squinty eyes that all of a sudden they pop open to look all around.  You study things with those big blues and I think one of your favorites was the big black and white flower wallpaper at the RISD museum.  The squint is caused by the bright sunlight which is tricky to shade you from - although I'm loving the summer baby cuddles so far (ask me in a few weeks when we're in humid Virginia how that is working out).  You will let me wrap you up in the Moby and you usually fall right asleep against my chest...which is such a sweet treat... sorry for any sweet treats I may dribble on you ;)
You frequently laugh with a squeal/grunt/sigh to get our attention, which I prefer to the loud single scream. You've found so much of your voice and you will babble back and forth for so long, it seems like a contest.  You wake up with the grunty giggles and that time window is usually your smiley-est.  You will also spend some time on your hippo mat examining your hands and hanging friends while kicking on your back.  You usually manage to hook your arm through the little ring on your low hanging giraffe.  Daddy picked you up once and the whole mat came with you!
You have some tricks that I'm hoping are just a phase.  You sometimes decide you've had enough milk to drink and you let it dribble.  It then runs all over the side of your head becoming a very fancy milk shampoo. You play camera shy by giving my a very pensive or concerned looking face.  Your little turtle neck is pretty strong but you sometimes decide that you can't quite see everything and you give a big heave-ho arch of your neck and we have to catch you. Sometimes you will show me a silent cry face that just melts my heart.  I can usually prevent the actual cry but those faces are so sad.  I want to keep the squealy smile guy around...preferably one that smells like something other than milk ;)
You are very interested in your brother, when he stays still enough for you to catch a glimpse of him.  Your brother started asking to hold you sometimes just to kiss your head over and over or to read a story. He loves to repeat what he hears us say to you, which is pretty cute.  You are so patient and I think you already want to keep up with your brother.  He created some elaborate games with the sprinkler the other day, and you even let me run-through the sprinkler with you all covered in your wrap and sun hat.  I think it would've probably made the neighbors laugh if they could see us.
I can really tell that a month has gone by when I look at photos and when I see your peach fuzz hair growing back on top.  You're getting really strong and mostly enjoy your tummy time on mommy's tummy.  I'm typing this with one hand since you continue to be such a cuddler, but I know you'll be squirming out of my arms before I'm really able to master one-handed typing.  We are getting ready for our big move in a few short days, and I look forward to more baby toes in the sand at our new place.  Thanks for being such a flexible, easy going little snuggler - keep it up little bud...

Love, Mom

2 comments:

Anna said...

You are just one cute little fellow!

LB said...

Gurgle baby thx!