Aiden has grown up on Toe Jam. Visiting the band during their Monday performance at the Buttonwood Zoo became a regular date for Aiden and his buddy Tyler. Rebecca would cruise them down there and occasionally he'd catch them with us on their weekend performances. I can't quite add up how many times he's played red light, green light or the car wash song. Daddy was the queen bee and some sort of space alien with the band egging on the smiles. I wish I could watch KC twirl in circles during the bubble blast, but I'm sure we'll find the VA equivalent (although Toe Jam may be fairly unique). It's so surprising to me when I took Aiden to his last zoo performance and he was suddenly one of the bigger kids - when did that happen?! Our last official Toe Jam was a special performance at Aiden's favorite library the night before we left. J continued his streak of being the only adult volunteer eva! He really paid this time because he was suddenly dressed as a Mer-man with a bright pink wig. Aiden's reaction had changed and he was much more low key about seeing his dad up there than he used to be... aw, shucks they grow up, but we haven't hit the point where embarrassment sets in which is bound to be fun ;)
I love how he tries to maintain dignity and decorum by crossing his hands in front of him:
Here's a snippet of the merman shaking it:
Here's an old video I created of the Toe Jam:
Toe Jam Puppet Band from LB on Vimeo.



2 comments:
Hahaha...seeing J shake it is really fun. :) We are all dancers inside.
A little extra shake relieves all stress ;)
Post a Comment