Moby wrap
This wrap has been my saving grace. Since KC doesn't care for the swing like Aiden did, we end up carrying him around a lot. Do you know how hard it can be to pour a glass of milk from a gallon jug while holding a baby? Well, not when he's cuddled up in his wrap. He will even nap right against my chest in crowded places like my art opening. My buddy took this photo of my mid semester and final projects.
Toyota Sienna
This is our new mom mobile and even after three months I still feel like I'm driving some strange rental car or something. It's a smooth ride and J actually enjoys driving it. We got a wicked trade in deal on it and it was definitely worth it (we earned it after six hours in the dealership with the three year old and three week old!). The extra space and auto open doors almost seem like necessities now. Aiden loves to tell us which direction we're headed off the compass on the rearview mirror and mention what he can see in the back up video.
Leo Lionni books
We randomly found Swimmy at the library a long time ago and Aiden was very interested in reading it over and over again. Then his class had Lionni as the author of the month and he was even more excited. I really like the way the books are illustrated.
Puzzle erasers
My sister visited MA a while back and we took our first visit to Cutie's. It's a random little doll/bear shop we'd driven past a million times and never visited. They had some cutie pie stuff (along with some really creepster stuff too). I told Aiden he could pick something fun, and he decided he wanted one of this tiny little puzzle eraser guys. Ty boxes these japanese made guys as Beanie Eraserz. His very first guy was a pink unicorn named Mystic. Then this big batch came from Gran and Pop during a fun treasure hunt:
Aiden fell hard and fast in love with Tom and Jerry. He is seriously obsessed, which I was at first a bit dismayed about because it's pretty crazy to see how much they like to whack, etc. But I think it's good for him to realize the difference between how cartoon characters and people are expected to act.
Two games from Gran and Pop that make the hit list. The sock monkey was the basis for one of the legendary treasure hunts. The Mo Willems "Pigeony game" was especially popular right after KC was born in our house. I have to admit in my foggy baby brain it seemed a bit complicated at first, but Aiden helped me keep up ;)







2 comments:
Lauren, I'm sorry I rarely comment to your blog. I read it DAILY and am always impressed that you post DAILY! WOW! I highly recommend Lionni's "A Color of His Own." I read it to Liam as soon as I brought him home from the hospital...and many times since. It still brings tears to my eyes.
HI A! It's great to hear from you! Thanks for the rec. I love keeping up with Liam's world online too - Congrats on the new addition on the way! xox, LB
Post a Comment