Friday, July 22, 2011

steamers

We had such a nice time in Ohio, and a definite highlight was a chance to reunite with an old middle school teacher, Mr. Elliott.  He was particularly influential to me because he took me to the space camp I worked at every summer throughout high school (even drove me back and forth every day!)  Thanks to Facebook I found him and was so excited to hear about his new passion, the Lakeshore Steamers.  The trains are all made by hand along with the miles of track that snake through the Penitentiary Glen forest.  He took us on the behind the scenes tour.  As we zipped through the forest, I cuddled KC close and was smiling like a giddy middle schooler.... Aiden hung out with Mt. Elliott's grandkids and checked out all the choo choos (including one transporting the Snoopy gang).

 We also enjoyed the Snakes-n-Such event at the Penitentiary Glen.

No comments: