Thursday, June 7, 2007

emergent

Someone used the word popped to describe my belly yesterday. I wasn't sure if I should pack away the skirt I was wearing since it must look like a tent. Tents pop out right?! I'm proud to be popped, but there is still something in me that gets shy and wants to hide it. One of my students asked if I can suck it in, and that is a definite nope. If I try I get a ripple where it pops more on one side and sorta morphs itself. If this isn't alien enough, my belly button aparently got the memo that it will need to emerge at some point. It's got a little round poker that is starting to grow outward like a horn. Luckily the same student that asked if I could suck it in said that she bets she wouldn't be able to tell if I was pregnant from behind. She scurried around me to check and I had a moment of terror that she was going to comment that my "back" muscles must be getting stronger (aka your butt looks big) or that my belly stuck out on the side (aka your love handles are fat)... luckily, she was quick to say that you couldn't tell that I was even pregnant - phew. i'm glad that I have some honest people around.

No comments: