Monday, June 25, 2007
tad paranoid
The baby continues to move around every now and then, although sometimes I have to slow down to really notice it. It seems to move more after I eat and when I lay still. For a little while I was somewhat paranoid that he/she should be moving more, but I think it's normal. In the other paranoid realm I was nervous about the color of the wet, because people I've talked to and websites I read mentioned that it should be yellow and thick now and clear closer to actually giving birth. My big ball of hormonal emotion got all wrapped up in this idea that my body was thinking the baby should come sooner and that something was wrong. I've been out of town, then I had visitors while working all last week, so I never got a chance to call the doctor. I kept saying things like, "what if when we get to the doctor she is shocked I didn't call her, and tells me it's not right..." I finally swallowed my worry that I'd be wasting their time or I'd come across a crazy first time mom, and I called the office nurse. She called me back saying that there is absolutely nothing to worry about (although she couldn't specify that the color made any difference at all - and numerous websites mention the distinction - but I can talk to my real doc this week to clarify) - She said it will just mean that it should be easier for my milk to come in should I decide to breastfeed. I liked that her statement implied no pressure to breastfeed, but I am definitely interested in giving it my best shot. I think my biggest lesson is to not let these little worries fester, and whatever you read or hear can be different for everyone. I will not worry about wasting the doctor's time and I will just call when I need to - that is what they are there for, right?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment