Wednesday, June 27, 2007

real half way point

Yea 20 weeks! I feel like I've passed through my teenage years of pregnancy without too many whiny 13 year old-who-realizes-there-isn't-anything-cool-at-the-toy-store-anymore moments (my case: I'm still game to go shopping and manage to find something cute) or 16 year old negligent driving episodes (my case: I don't forget my vitamins very often) or 18 year old too cool for school deals (my case: I made it to all of my RISD classes). I like that the weeks seem to fly by when I'm away and keeping busy at work. As I get bigger and realize that the baby will be kicking around more and more, I will need to pace myself and slow down. I'm in my early twenties of my pregnancy and this seems to be the time when we will settle in and start collect stuuuuff. I've been thinking of my early twenties when J and I first moved to Arizona with five pieces of luggage full of everything we lived off. I'm not sure even how we moved from Arizona to Rhode Island with only two 10 foot relocubes at this point. Now with our new place, we would already fill an entire truck and the baby only has a place to sleep, a place to be rocked, and a place in which to pee into the air from - I cringed when I saw this in a forward from my sister - thanks Lizo for the visual:

Oh the joys of a little boy!

2 comments:

Liz said...

um, i wasn't sure if that was pee or the other possibility. i HOPE it is just pee, but i'm afraid it may not be. i don't think pee would be thick enough to stick to the walls like that...

so much for lunch time today!

LB said...

oh good gracious - please spare me - how is that possible?!