Do you ever feel compelled to talk about things that you know may make other people uncomfortable, mainly because it makes you feel strange and you can't stop thinking about it? But there is something that causes you to want to talk about it. This blog is mostly for me, and I don't think many people read it. But you've been warned, if you are at all squeamish do not read on - if the word breast makes you flinch or blink one extra time it's time to stop reading this entry.
My office was incredibly cold today. It was so cold that I had on two scarves. Now we all know what this does to a women's nipples, but as it turns out I think it played a little trick on this pregnant woman. About half way through the day I didn't just feel cold, but wet. I'm not joking, but I was in denial for most of the day. I was leaking this sticky clear stuff. Unlucky for me, the computer guys were working on my computer most of the day, so I couldn't scour google for what the heck was going on. I just tried to ignore it, and we're not talking buckets, but a definite drip. I casually mentioned this to J on the way home. I think his response was something like oh yea, that's normal...yea, i thought normal for an alien or a cow maybe. Then I think my sensitive, not-to-pass-up-a-bizarre-joke husband asked me if maybe I spat or drooled on myself?! I thought about how some of my favorite bloggers would have a field day with this interaction, but I'm honestly too freaked out that I'm intermittently leaking. Then Mr Wikipedia updater/stalker himself whipped out his knowledge as I tried not to think about it too much, and he explained about this stuff colostrum he read about online that prepares you to lactate. I wondered how I hadn't really heard of this happening prior to the baby arriving. When we got home as I lay on the couch relaxing and reading emails, I suddenly realized I actually had a small circle of the wet on my tshirt. It has now crusted to prove that it wasn't a drip of water or something. I can see it for myself. I feel a tingly sensation and if I press, I get a teeny little drip. I won't make it big taking my trick out on the road, but for now I'm hoping the wet doesn't get wetter.
No comments:
Post a Comment