Saturday, November 24, 2007

now I know

My parents just left after spending three weeks helping, giving, and caring more than we could ask. I can only describe the time we spent with them as dreamy. I must have been dreaming while awake since I don't sleep enough to really dream. I can't decide which I appreciate the most, their generosity or their sense of humor. From corporate flimflam grocery checking scanners to startles caused by Aiden's toots, we mostly had fun doing a bunch of nothing. As my mom hugged me goodbye, she said now I must know how much she loves me because it's a parent's love.



Aiden says, "Hey, when ya coming back, Gran and Pop?"

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

The photography could not be more beautiful. It clearly shows the beauty of the family and the deep love that exists. Aiden looks positively adorable. WHAT a cutie he is! A wonderful story, from hippo drawings to sitz baths, from giving love and thanks to smelling diapers and healing stitches .... It's been a wonderful trip for all of us. It may sound hokey to say, "Thanks for sharing," but "THANKS FOR SHARING all of this with us."

Love, Aunt Bonnie

coviatt said...

Just made it home at 9:00 p.m. That puts us almost exactly at 12 hours of driving time with the necessary stops away from you all. Too far, boo hoo! The first thing I did was check your blog...it makes me feel closer. We had a fabulous stay. It was so hard to leave that little heapy dumpy cuddle kid several states away. Aiden is one lucky little guy to have such devoted parents. And we're lucky to have such caring children, you made us feel so much a part of this most gratifying experience. Love you forever,
Mom and Dad